TechAgg (@techagg) stands for Technology Aggregation and was founded as an education source for technology related musings that can be shared with the masses. We are partners with the TTFN.tv network and a regular host on StudioTech LIVE! Each Friday at 2pm EST.
Vance Willis (@vancewillis) is an average tech guy and is the wizard behind the curtain. He can be reached at vance[at]techagg[dot]com or vancewillis [at] ttfn[dot] tv
Some of the equipment that is used in the Studio (list not complete and updated frequently):
(1) Sony NX-5 NXCAM- Used as the main camera front and center. Transmits via HD-SDI and HDMI simultaneously if needed.
(4) Canon HFs-10 – One overhead and one of to the left. (2) for guest shots. All have Pan and tilt wired motors for multiple angles.
(6) Logitech C910 HD and (1) C920 Webcams- Various uses around the studio
Audio Mixing Console:
(1) Presonus Digital 16.4.2 16 Channel board with 6 Aux inputs used for Mix-minus
(1) Heil PR-40 on shockmount- Main Microphone
(1) Heil PR-22- Guest Microphone on extended mic stand
(1) Sony Wireless UWPV6-4244 Lav Mic Bodypack System
(1) Sony Wireless UWPV6-3032 Lav Mic Bodypack System- Different frequencies as to not interfere
(2) Microphone Madness Headworn Boom mics for above Sony sets
(1) 2006 MacPro w/16 gigs RAM, Blackmagic Decklink Duo cards, PCI-e to PCMCIA slot adapter for Matrox MX02 Mini
(1) 2009 MacBook Pro
(1) 2010 MacBook Air 13″
(1) 2011 Apple Ipad2
(1) HP Laptop
(4) Custom built “Shuttle Size” computers used for Skype calls-Win7 64bit Pro, i3, 8gigs Ram, BM Decklink Capture PCI-e cards in each
(1) Tricaster TCX-850HD- Main brains of the video system!
(1) Newtek Tricaster 850CS- The control Surface that is used to whip the above powerhouse into shape!
(1) Blackmagic Design Videohub Studio- 16 In x 32 out SDI matrix switcher- controlled by iPad and 27″ Touch Screen monitor
(3) 1×4 Kramer HD-SDI distribution amplifier- Used to take video output from Tricaster to insert back into (4) Skype machines above- Call in guest see video as on the stream in real time and without delay
(1) Samsung 55″ LCD-LED TV with HDMI-DVI ports, also second display for MacPro
(4) Dell 24″ Widescreen Monitors- each connected to Skype shuttle machines
(2) Gateway 30″ monitor- Monitor in rear of Shot #1
(5) 27″ 1080p Monitors
(1) 27″ Tricaster secondary
(2) 32″ Hanspeen TV monitors for Tricaster program and preview viewing
(2) 32″ HDTV’s for Chat room monitoring from 2 main locations in the Studio
(2) 32″ Toshiba TV monitors for Tricaster program and preview viewing- From Green Screen Side of Studio
(1) List coming soon-
Lighting Speed Rail Grid:
(1) Custom built and conceived by Vance Willis- details soon
Thousands of feet of various RF, HDMI, Audio, COAX, etc.
(1) Time Warner 5m uplink- 50m down Cable connection
(3) 24 port switches
(1) 16 port switch